SENIOR ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES
Grand Bay-Westfield is a vibrant and supportive community for seniors. The various lists below provide details on recreation, health services, transportation and housing options in Grand Bay-Westfield.
Click on each (+) symbol below for applicable details.
VOLUNTEER IN GRAND BAY-WESTFIELD
Are you looking to get involved with the community? The Age-Friendly Committee (details below), is helping grow the impact of seniors in the Grand Bay-Westfield region and is always looking for volunteers. You can also look through other Town committees if your interests lie with community events, emergency response or Town planning.
Purpose of the Committee
The Grand Bay-Westfield Age-Friendly Community Committee is an advisory committee of Council which makes recommendations on matters regarding policies and services related to the physical and social needs of those who are aging in our community.
Chair: Dave Sheaves
Council Representative: Councilor Bev Day
Member-At-Large: Debbie Searle (acting secretary)
Member-At-Large: Debbie Childs
- To prioritize, oversee, promote and encourage implementation and continuous development of the Grand Bay-Westfield Age-Friendly Community Action Plan.
- To encourage the community to view policies, projects and programs with an age-friendly lens.
- The committee will work in partnership with the Grand Bay-Westfield Municipal Departments.
- To foster an inclusive and caring community that respects and values the well-being of seniors.
- To promote living a healthy, active and engaged lifestyle in Grand Bay-Westfield.
- To increase awareness of support services, learning opportunities, social events and future planning for transportation and housing needs.
- To monitor funding available for Age-Friendly initiatives, apply for funding and oversee the execution of funding.
- Provide feedback and advice to Council on its policies, plans and services that impact older adults.
- Consider and provide advice on key Government initiatives, programs and reviews.
- Represent the views and needs of the older adult population within Grand-Bay Westfield.
- Strengthen partnerships with residents and groups providing services in our community.
- Contribute to a cycle of continually assessing and improving Grand Bay-Westfield’s age-friendliness and to regularly report to the public on the progress of Age-Friendly projects.
- To seek input and feedback from residents formally and informally, review results and advise Council of any recommendations or changes to the Grand-Bay Westfield Age-Friendly Community Action Plan on an annual basis.
|Business / Group Name||Website||Phone Number||Date of Activity|
|Art Party||https://www.facebook.com/ArtParty506/||(506) email@example.com||Check website for updates|
|Bayview Branch Legion #22||https://www.facebook.com/grandbay.legion/||(506) firstname.lastname@example.org||Check website for updates|
|Highlands Bar Karaoke||https://www.facebook.com/highlandsbar/||(506) 217-3300||N/A||Check website for updates|
|Indoor Walking Club||http://rezway.ca/event-directory/||(506) email@example.com||Tuesday – Wednesday 10 AM to 11 AM|
|Old timers softball||N/A||(506) firstname.lastname@example.org||Contact for details|
|Rising Tides Healing Centre||https://risingtidesnb.com/||(506) email@example.com||Check website for updates|
|River Valley Gaden Club||https://www.facebook.com/groups/128447417199361/||(506) firstname.lastname@example.org||Second Thursday of each month at 7 PM at Town Centrum|
|River Valley Page Turners||N/A||N/Aemail@example.com||Second Wednesday each month 10 AM to 11 AM at Brundage Point|
|River Valley Seniors Club||N/A||(506) 738-2024||N/A||Contact for details|
|RV Lions Club||https://www.facebook.com/RiverValleyLionsClub/||(506) firstname.lastname@example.org||Check website for details|
|Senior Art Club||N/A||(506) email@example.com||Monday 930 AM to 12 PM at Town Hall Centrum|
|Seniors Cards & Games||N/A||N/Afirstname.lastname@example.org||Contact for details|
|Yoga in the Bay||https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063486375043||(506) email@example.com||Check website for details|
|Yoga for Seniors / 50 Plusfirstname.lastname@example.org||Tuesdays and Fridays at Brundage Point River Centre from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.($12 / class)|
|Zoomers (CELLAB)||https://www.facebook.com/UNBCellab/||(506) email@example.com||Monday & Thursday 10 AM to 11 AM at Brundage Point River Centre|
Long-Term Care Homes
|Business / Group Name||Website||Phone Number|
|Kiwanis Lodge – Western Kings||N/A||(506) 738-3604||N/A|
|RV Lions Inglewood Manor||https://www.facebook.com/RiverValleyLionsClub/||(506) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Seely Lodge Special Care Home – Martinon||https://murraystseelylodgesch.com/||(506) email@example.com|
|Seely Lodge Special Care Home – Murray||https://murraystseelylodgesch.com/||(506) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Serenity Cove Special Care Home||N/A||(506) 757-8155||N/A|
|Business / Group Name||Website||Phone Number|
|A2B Transportation||N/A||(506) 631-0968||N/A|
|Saint John Accessible Bus (Handi Bus)||https://saintjohn.ca/en/transit/accessibility/handi-bus-service||(506) 648-0609||N/A|
|Saint John Transit||https://saintjohn.ca/en/transit||(506) 658-4700||N/A|