Our Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Planning Advisory Committee is comprised of no less than five (5) members and no more than seven (7) members as established by Town By-Law. The Committee meets regularly on the first Monday of each month at 7:30 p.m.
Committee members are appointed by resolution of Town Council for three-year terms with the original appointments made so that as nearly as possible the term of office of one-third of the members expires each year.
Members are remunerated on an honorarium basis at a rate of $75.00 per meeting, subject to attendance. Remuneration is provided in one annual payment during the month of December. Committee members must hold the following qualifications:
- be qualified to vote under the Municipalities Act;
- be a resident of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield.
Powers and Duties of the Planning Advisory Committee
The powers and duties of the Planning Advisory Committee are:
- those accruing under the provisions of the Community Planning Act;
- to advise and make recommendations to the Council on any matter relating to Community Planning;
- to give its views to the Council on any by-law proposed to be enacted under the Community Planning Act whether or not such views have been requested in accordance with section 110 of the said Act;
- to exercise such powers and perform such duties relating to Community Planning as are given to it by the Community Planning Act or the Council.
Agendas & Minutes
Find the latest Planning Advisory Committee Agendas and Minutes: