The application deadline for the fall 2023 Community Grant Program was September 30.
The next application intake will be spring 2024.
The Town may provide community grants in limited amounts to individuals, groups, and organizations for a particular purpose consistent with the aims and objectives of the Town.
Community Grant Application Form
Visit HERE for the Community Grant Application Form
The completed application can be emailed to email@example.com or delivered to the Town Office. For additional information or paper copies of the application form, please visit or contact the Town Office:
609 River Valley Drive | Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (excluding holidays) | (506) 738-6400 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in becoming a member of the Community Grant Committee?
Residents interested in serving on the Community Grant Committee, or to have an application on file for future positions which become available for Boards, Commissions or Committees – are asked to submit an application on the Town’s website by visiting HERE.
Community Grant Policy
Annually, Grand Bay-Westfield Town Council contributes $2 per resident annually, up to a maximum of $12,000 to local organizations through a semi-annual grant. The maximum grant would be $1,000 with the minimum consideration being $250. This grant is to facilitate projects that develop, expand, and improve important programs and services for the residents of Grand Bay–Westfield. Funding will be awarded during two (2) distribution periods, April 30 and September 30 (in the case of a holiday or weekend, the next business day), and is subject to annual budget approval by Town Council.
1. Be conducted within the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield and resulting goods or services must remain within the municipal boundaries upon completion.
2. Benefit or have a positive impact on a key sector or demographic within Grand Bay-Westfield, or the community at large.
Non-profit, charity or community-based group/organization currently active within the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield municipal boundary.
1. The project must operate on a non-profit basis.
2. The application must be legible and feature all fields completed.
3. Priority will be given to projects/programs that provide new goods or services to the community.
4. Eligible projects should not duplicate existing projects or services within the community.
5. The grant is not transferable and must not be used for any purpose other than the approved project.
6. Organizations shall maintain proper financial records for the project and a final financial statement shall be submitted to the Grand Bay-Westfield Town Office no later than 365 days after their application deadline (ex. April 30th or September 30th). Failure to provide the report will result in the organization becoming ineligible for future funding.
7. Allocated funds that remain unused, must be repaid to the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield by January 1st of the next calendar year. Failure to do so will render the applicant ineligible for future funding.
8. Applicants shall be responsible for obtaining all required licenses, permits, insurances, permissions and other authorizations, including for the use of any photographs, copyright materials, property, or other rights belonging to third parties that are used for the project. The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield shall not be held liable for any failure to acquire necessary permissions, or for any components or actions of organization.
9. Projects must reflect the best general interest of the community of Grand Bay-Westfield and should not promote any ideas or opinions that could be deemed as discriminatory or offensive in nature.
10. Equipment purchased through the grant will become property of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield upon the dissolution of the group. This is to ensure the intent of the program is carried forward in providing community members opportunities to participate in community activities; especially the key sector or demographic identified in the original application.
11. Projects must be completed within one year (365 days) of the application date.
12. Grant money will be issued by the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield.
13. Successful applicants must publicly acknowledge the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield for funding received and should display the support logo provided in any publications or display advertising used.
14. Receipts are to be attached and included with the follow-up package.
15. Organizations in debt to the Town of Grand Bay–Westfield are ineligible for current funding.
• Property taxes or insurance
• Alcoholic beverages
• Out of town activities and travel
• Subsidization of wages for fulltime employees
1. Submit an application form and all related material to the Town of Grand Bay – Westfield Office (609 River Valley Dr, Grand Bay-Westfield, NB E5K 1B3) by 5:00 p.m., April 30 or September 30 (in the case of a holiday or weekend, the next business day).
a. Failure to complete all application fields will deem it ineligible.
2. Applications are reviewed by a designated member of administration and the Community Grant Committee to ensure requests meet the grant Purpose, Criteria and Eligible Applicant Status. It will also be confirmed that the proposed project expenses do not fall within the above-listed ineligible expenses.
3. Recommendations forwarded to Town Council for approval.
4. Letters and funds released to successful applicants following formal Council approval.
5. Follow-up reports are to be completed and submitted to the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield within 365 days of application and after completing the proposed project.