Our Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Dog Control By-Law No. 119 prohibits dogs from running at large in the Town. If your dog is missing or you have dog control concerns you wish to have addressed, please contact The Town Dog Control Officer, Ann Savoy, at (506) 653-1958.
Big Paw Little Paw Dog Park
For dog lovers of our Town, the Grand Bay-Westfield Dog Park is a one-acre fenced area located at 319 Highland Road, Grand Bay-Westfield, where you can take your dog to play.
There is a Small Dog Area for dogs under 30 lbs and a Large Dog Area for dogs over 30 lbs. The Dog Park Rules are posted at the entrance. Dog owners/handlers are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries caused by their dogs.
Use of the park is at your own risk.
The Grand Bay-Westfield Dog Park is open dawn to dusk, unless otherwise posted or advertised.
Grand Bay-Westfield Dog Park Rules
Dog owners/handlers are liable for the behaviour, damage, or injury inflicted by their dogs. Owners/handlers are legally and financially responsible for their dogs’ behaviour. The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield accepts no liability or responsibility for injuries occurring in the dog park.
- Handlers MUST “Scoop the Poop”.
- No children under 12 years of age permitted inside fenced area unless supervised by an adult.
- Handlers MUST remove aggressive dogs immediately!
- Any dog with a known history of dangerous behaviour is prohibited.
- Handlers MUST be inside fenced area with their dogs at all times.
- Please leash and unleash in double gated area.
- All dogs must wear a collar with ID.
- No pinch, pronged, spiked, or shock collars allowed.
- Limit of 2 dogs per handler.
- No female dogs in heat. No dogs under 4 months of age.
- Eating and smoking is prohibited inside the fenced area.
- Digging dogs must be stopped and holes filled by handler.
- Small dogs under 30 lbs in the Small Dog Area.
- Large dogs over 30 lbs in the Large Dog Area.
- The Dog Park is open dawn to dusk, unless otherwise posted or advertised.
For winter months Town forces will plow the parking lot only and that is subject to reasonable weather conditions. Severe weather condition may result in long delays.