Every home and business is required to display their civic address.
As per Town of Grand Bay-Westfield By-law No. 7, civic numbers should be posted:
· In Arabic numerals (i.e. 12, but not “twelve” or “XII”);
· At least 1.2 meters above ground level;
· Clearly visible from the roadway;
· In a color clearly contrasting to the color of the building, post, or sign on which it is displayed;
· Not less than 65 millimeters (2.5 inches) in height if located within 15 meters (49.2 feet) of the roadway; and
· Not less than 100 millimeters (4 inches) in height if located more than 15 meters (49.2 feet) from the roadway.
Why do I need a civic address?
Visit here for information from the Government of New Brunswick
The Grand Bay-Westfield Fire-Rescue Department reminds residents and businesses – “To help you, we have to find you!”
The Grand Bay-Westfield Fire-Rescue Department highly recommends the use of “Blue Signs” which are made from long lasting metal (same as a street sign) with reflective white lettering.
These signs are available for purchase from the Department. No profit is made on sale of signs.
Signs can be ordered by filling out the form below, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 738-6421.
Prices range from $12.00 to $18.00 depending on the number of digits.