Tailwhip Park is an unsupervised youth park with a mini skate park and 3 on 3 basketball court located at 741 River Valley Drive next to the River Valley Community Centre (arena) and the River Valley Middle School. The River Valley track and softball field are also nearby, creating a nice recreation cluster of facilities to help keep our residents active and healthy.
Open daily until 10:00 p.m. during the summer, spring, and fall but closed for winter.
Tailwhip Park Rules
- Graffiti is prohibited.
- No smoking within 25 metres of this facility.
- It is strongly recommended that all users wear approved protective equipment such as helmets, knee, wrist, and elbow pads. The supply of protective equipment is the user’s responsibility.
- Ride respectfully and only in designated areas. Be respectful of other Park users.
- Glass containers or beverages are not allowed (spills create hazards). Other items such as benches, tables, wood material, or other objects used as ramps and jumps are not allowed.
- Do not use when surfaces are wet.
- Ride within your ability and in such a manner that you can stop or avoid other users.
- By entering this facility, you are assuming the risks and responsibilities inherent in all biking and skateboarding sports. Ride at your own risk. The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield accepts no liability, of whatever description, for any losses, injury, or death, which may occur on this facility, however caused.
- Violation of the Town By-Laws, or Bike and Skate Park Rules will result in the loss of privileges. Trespass Notifications shall be issued to the persons suspected of committing a crime or infraction in a Town Park.
- The Park closes at 10:00 p.m.
Please report maintenance issues to the Town Office at (506) 738-6400.
Thank you, for your cooperation.