About the Grand Bay-Westfield Big Paw Little Paw Dog Park
The Town’s Dog Park is located at 319 Highland Road in Grand Bay-Westfield, and is open daily from dawn to dusk. There is a small dog area for dogs under 30 lbs and a large dog area for dogs over 30 lbs. The Dog Park rules are posted at the entrance. Dog owners/handlers are legally responsible for their dogs and any injuries caused by their dogs.
Use of the Park is at your own risk.
The Grand Bay-Westfield Dog Park is open dawn to dusk, unless otherwise posted or advertised.
The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield extends appreciation to Mr Doctor Foundation Repair, for proudly donating upkeep and maintenance services to the Big Paw Little Paw Dog Park.
For any questions or concerns related to the Dog Park, please contact the Town Office at (506) 738-6400 (Option 3 for after-hours urgent Town matters).
Grand Bay-Westfield Dog Park Rules
Dog owners/handlers are liable for the behaviour, damage, or injury inflicted by their dogs. Owners/handlers are legally and financially responsible for their dogs’ behaviour. The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield accepts no liability or responsibility for injuries occurring in the dog park.
- Handlers MUST “Scoop the Poop”.
- No children under 12 years of age permitted inside fenced area unless supervised by an adult.
- Handlers MUST remove aggressive dogs immediately!
- Any dog with a known history of dangerous behaviour is prohibited.
- Handlers MUST be inside fenced area with their dogs at all times.
- Please leash and unleash in double gated area.
- All dogs must wear a collar with ID.
- No pinch, pronged, spiked, or shock collars allowed.
- Limit of 2 dogs per handler.
- No female dogs in heat. No dogs under 4 months of age.
- Eating and smoking is prohibited inside the fenced area.
- Digging dogs must be stopped and holes filled by handler.
- Small dogs under 30 lbs in the Small Dog Area.
- Large dogs over 30 lbs in the Large Dog Area.
- The Dog Park is open dawn to dusk, unless otherwise posted or advertised.
For winter months, Town Works Department crews will plow the parking lot only, and that is subject to reasonable weather conditions. Severe weather conditions may result in long delays.