Grand Bay-Westfield is a progressive community, neighbours by nature, undergoing change. The successful candidate will make a difference in the community through the cleaning, repair and maintenance of Town facilities and infrastructure. This is a position that is visible to the public.
The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield is looking for a Seasonal Employee. This is a 40-hour per week permanent full-time union position reporting directly to the Public Works Superintendent. This is skilled, repetitive manual work, involving the construction, installation, maintenance, service, cleaning, and repair of municipal roads, streets, bridges, culverts, ditches, manholes, catch basins, sewer systems, parks, buildings, equipment, facilities, collection, and disposal of garbage.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- be in possession of a current and valid class 3, 2 or 1 Operator’s License.
- ability to promote and maintain good public relations and on-the-job safety practices.
- must have a working knowledge of the types, uses, care and control of common hand tools and standard construction equipment and materials used in the municipal services.
- ability to operate a backhoe, with backhoe operator experience.
- ability to operate snow removal equipment.
- ability to operate a dump truck with air brakes.
- have Grade 12 or GED at a minimum.
Starting Salary: $20.37 per hour
Location: Grand Bay-Westfield
Only résumés received prior to 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 21st, 2021 will be considered. Résumés may be mailed, hand delivered or forwarded by courier and must be received at the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Municipal Office, 609 River Valley Drive no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday May 21, 2021. The selection of candidates for interviews will be determined on the basis of a comprehensive review of résumés received by the 4:00 p.m. May 21st, 2021 deadline. It is therefore in the interest of each applicant to submit a detailed and informative résumé. A Job Description is available upon request.
NOTE: Any persons having previously submitted applications to the Town must re-submit their résumé in response to this advertisement in order to be considered for the position.
Envelopes should be marked: Competition 2021SEA – Seasonal.
Mail or hand deliver applications to:
Bruce Gault, Works Commissioner
Town of Grand Bay-Westfield
P.O. Box 3001
Grand Bay-Westfield, NB