Tuesday, November 9, 2021
The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield is seeking an individual to serve on its Planning Advisory Committee. Individuals interested in serving on this Committee should have good communication skills, ideally have previous experience on boards or committees, a background that would best serve the wider community, an interest in land use planning, an interest in volunteer service in the Municipality, and be committed to working in a team environment. Preference will be given to individuals with environmental skill sets and business management skill sets. An awareness of the vision and goals of the Town’s current Municipal Plan is desirable – the “Plan” is listed on the Town Website: www.grandbay-westfield.ca Interested individuals should submit a résumé to the Town Office including three signatures of Grand Bay-Westfield residents in support of their application to serve. If you have previously submitted an application to serve on the Planning Advisory Committee you must re-submit your résumé to be considered for this vacancy.
Résumés are to be addressed to:
Chief Administrive Officer
PO Box 3001
Grand Bay-Westfield, NB E5K 4V3
Submissions must be received at the Grand Bay-Westfield Town Office, 609 River Valley Drive no later than 12:00 noon on November 24, 2021. Inquires 738-6409.
The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield Planning Advisory Committee is comprised of not less than five (5) members and not more than seven (7) members as established by Town By-law. The Committee meets regularly on the first Monday of each month for a Public Meeting at 7:30 pm. Regular attendance at Committee meetings is essential. Committee members are appointed by resolution of Town Council for three year terms with the original appointments made so that as nearly as possible the term of office of one-third of the members expires each year.
Members are remunerated on an honorarium basis at a rate of $75.00 per meeting, subject to attendance. Remuneration is provided in one annual payment during the month of December. Committee members must hold the following qualifications:
- be qualified to vote under the Municipalities Act
- be a resident of the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield.
The powers and duties of the Planning Advisory Committee are:
- those accruing under the provisions of the Community Planning Act;
- to advise and make recommendations to the Council on any matter relating to Community Planning;
- to give its views to the Council on any by-law proposed to be enacted under the Community Planning Act whether or not such views have been requested in accordance with section 66 of the said Act;
- to exercise such powers and perform such duties relating to Community Planning as are given to it by the Community Planning Act or the Council.