February 1, 2022
Temporary Administrative Assistant to the CAO, Mayor and Council
The Town of Grand Bay-Westfield is a welcoming place to live, grow and thrive. It is a progressive community, friendly by nature and undergoing change. The Town is currently seeking a Temporary Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will make a difference in the community through support to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), Mayor and Council. This position would be up to one year term with the possibility of being extended.
Reporting to the CAO, the Administrative Assistant provides support to the CAO, Mayor and Council. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to complete job training with the current Administrative Assistant prior to their leave starting.
- Organize historic records and create a tracking system.
- Manage the calendar and meeting requests for the CAO.
- Ensure all correspondence is properly recorded and actioned by the appropriate department (ensuring that Council and the CAO are properly informed as appropriate).
- Manage an “Action List” of all Council directives.
- Ensure that all policies and by-laws are current and up to date.
- Provide administrative support to Mayor and Council.
- Manage records to ensure retention compliance.
- Provide backup to the Legislative Clerk.
- Manage the agenda and recording of minutes for all senior leadership meetings and then maintain action list of outcomes of meeting.
- As able, provide administrative support to the senior leadership team on some matters.
- Provide support to the CAO as needed for Human Resources related issues.
- Fulfill the role of Emergency Management Organization administrative support.
- Provide support to the front counter as required.
- Monitor the administrative inbox daily for incoming requests.
- Ability to accommodate some evening hours to attend meetings, three times a month, with the possibility of additional meetings when required.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Some post-secondary education with more than five years’ experience, preferably in a municipal environment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly and professional.
- Above average customer service and communication skills.
- Self-starter who works well independently and within a complex team environment.
- Ability to prioritize while remaining effective and efficient in a dynamic environment.
Selected candidate will be required to submit a criminal record.
Please submit your resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 11th at 12:00 noon