Deputy Mayor Erin Toole is a first term Councillor in Grand Bay-Westfield. Originally from west Saint John, Erin lived and worked in Toronto before returning to New Brunswick to raise her three children. Erin has lived in Grand Bay-Westfield for 10 years.
A lawyer with 20 years of varied experience, Erin graduated with a Bachelor of Arts from Bishop’s University in 1998 and received her Law Degree from the University of New Brunswick in 2001. Currently, Erin is the Director of Legal Services with a New Brunswick Crown Corporation.
Active in Grand Bay-Westfield and the region, Erin has worked with several professional and community groups and has served on many boards and volunteer organizations. She is involved with:
- CBA New Brunswick and Canadian Corporate Counsel Association initiatives,
- Former executive committee member of the New Brunswick Branch of the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- Retired board member of Hestia House;
- Member of the Parent School Support Committees of Harbour View High School; and
- Grand Bay-Westfield representative on the board of the Canada Games Aquatic Centre.
On a personal note, Erin is also active in our local triathlon, running and cycling communities, both participating in and volunteering at local sporting events.
As Deputy Mayor, Erin is focused on:
- Balanced growth for Grand Bay-Westfield, and on
- Developing recreation and active transportation opportunities for all
- Community engagement, and
- is excited to work with residents to build on our strengths as a community.