The Council of the Municipality of Grand Bay-Westfield under authority vested in it by Section 11 of the Municipalities Act, R.S.N.B. 1973, c.M-22 and amendments thereto enacts as follows:
1. This by-law may be cited as the Curfew By-Law.
2. In this by-law
(a) “child” means a person under 16 years of age;
(b) “adult” means a person 19 years of age or older;
3. No child shall be in a public place in the Town of Grand Bay-Westfield after 10:00 p.m. unless accompanied by an adult.
4. Any child who violates section (3) of this by-law may be ordered by any peace officer to go home. In the event of neglect or refusal by the child to go home as ordered, the child may be taken into the peace officer’s custody.
5. Every parent, guardian, or other person having care, custody, or control of a child who permits that child to violate this by-law is guilty of an offence and is liable to a fine as set out in the Fee By-law.
6. This by-law comes into effect on the date of filing in the Registry Office.
7. By-law No. 16 ,Village of Grand Bay Curfew By-law is hereby repealed.
FIRST READING BY TITLE on this 9th day of February , 1998.
SECOND READING BY TITLE on this 9th day of February , 1998.
THIRD READING AND ENACTMENT on this 23rd day of February , 1998.
Sandra Gautreau – Manager (Clerk)
Grace Losier – Mayor